Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dear Bobbie Project 2014




        I'm not going to lie, the Digital Narrative assignment scared the crap outta me at first.  I wasn't sure how to start it.  I had dozens of story lines and ideas:

  • live action
  • cartoon
  •  writing of words
  • still pictures
  •  and an array of other thoughts and ideas. 
With each idea I became more and more frustrated and overwhelmed. Thankfully, after talking it out with Prof. McEntarfer in class one day I was able to come up with a concrete idea. Later that afternoon I ran to Wal-Mart and collected the necessary supplies:
  • Dry erase markers
  • Dry erase colored pencils
  • a decent size and quality dry erase board
  • and coffee. 
With caffeine and supplies in hand I laid out my plan. My plan was to ask my husband to assist me in creating my digital narrative by using stop-motion animation. Once he was able to find a program that worked and coffee was brewed we set off and painstakingly created the "Dear Bobbie" video. 
        Would I do another project like this again? Surprisingly, YES! I can see the draw to whiteboard stop-motion animation. It is surprisingly easy and kinda fun regardless of all the time and energy spent on it. Once complete it is rewarding to watch the life brought into each character as well as the story. I'm glad that I was pushed to complete this assignment and I will definitely introduce something similar as this project into my future classroom. 

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, great job here! This works so nicely, and is such a great creation--I can tell how hard you worked on the timing, and it really works perfectly. And you create such perfect images to represent this story. This is the sort of work that people do when they create music videos! Really nice job. (And I'm so glad to see that you got your other posts up. I'm going through all the blogs now, but I'll be responding to them!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could give you a cyber hug I would! This project ended up being the most meaningful to me both personally and academically.

    ReplyDelete