Sunday, December 14, 2014

Hale Chatfield's Greatest Hits 1958-2000

When I was younger, even months younger, I  enjoyed poetry. That was before exploring World Poetry in an academic setting. I had all but given up on ever enjoying poetry again when my professor introduced me to Hale Chatfield. Although, I dragged my feet a bit (a lot) before diving into the quick read of Chatfield's Greatest Hits (1958-2000) I found his words far from quick to leave my thoughts. I picked the book up and read it again. In my next post I will share with you the three poems that reminded me of the playful, sweet/sour "youthful" zest I once had for poetry.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy, I know that class has been difficult, and I'm sorry to hear that it feels like it's ruined poetry for you. I wonder if, as you get further away from the stress that it's causing now, the things you've learned might actually come back apart from that stress, and might be a part of how you experience and enjoy poetry again? But I am certainly glad that Hale Chatfield could be a part of your feeling 'back" into enjoying poetry again. He would love that.

    ReplyDelete